Thursday 26 March 2009

Lets Think!

I have been thinking over the very thought of thinking.....

Why do we think???? Well you would possibly say "Because that’s what makes us human"... but can anybody tell me Are humans the ultimate and the happiest around???

Well in terms of materialistic gains I guess we are way ahead of any other form of life in this globe... But again the same question hits my head..."What’s the purpose of Mankind?"

I am sure Birth and Death is the only universal truth and is the only thing common between all the species but wat lies in between is so unpredictable & each one has a story of his own . They say "Survival of the Fittest" but we pay little heed to the fact that even the Fittest is bound to grow weak and eventually passes away. So why did he in the first place fight to earn the fittest tag when he knew that nothing really lasts long?? I am not into mythology much myself but I have noticed a common trait in all the Rakshashas(Devils)...they wanted IMMORTALITY" Do we have any such aim?

One would also say if we won’t think we'll live the life of an animal who comes to life, lives an ordinary way and then Death takes him back... Achilles the famed warrior fought many wars and won most single-handedly. He was the best of his time and there won’t be many Kings who wouldn’t want such a man on his side. But on the other hand, what did he achieve out of war mongering? What did he get for doing the best thing he knew 'Killing'? Probably Fame, Riches & Women...but was it suffice?? And I guess the wise believes that none of these can complete your life.. Though I am untouched with the real facts of his life but as far as I know his priority was his NAME which he wished will be there even after he’s gone. Did he witness a normal life of being a Son or Brother or Lover or Husband or Father??? He reached the aim & his name has gone down in history but wat difference does it make to him now anyways even after sacrificing so much of his normal life?? So was it all that he did worth it??

Thinking is something thats makes me write(sometimes). We think, think & re-think but all our energy is channeled towards Money, Fame but truly speaking despite of the fact that we know all these wont buy us Happyness we don’t stop chasing it. At times I wonder what is it to be saint?? Do they really know the answers we civilized keep searching for throughout our lives?? What do they have in their mind that makes them so simple? They live happy or is it an illusion?

They also say ones thinking is abstract. But I feel we can see and feel thinking in ones way of life, talks, body language, dressing sense, interests, etc or should I say in each and every aspect. But its not that easy to figure it out as these days we are not what we are! We are so tangled in fake selves. I saw a movie recently "Sweet November" which kinda tells you that we started off our run to achieve Happiness and the way we chose was Money but now we have ventured so far that we have forgotten why we started and are lost in the spherical way we fancied.

Anything in extreme is not healthy and I guess we ve crossed that limit in thinking decades ago And we pass on where we are to our children and they join us in the race which is all the more threatening. This will never End and I shall stop as I need to catch up!

Signing off,
Shailesh

3 comments:

Bhanu said...

Nice post....

You know ...what I feel ....Happiness can never be achieved in an absolute way...it can only be pursued...much like success and perfection. And that very much can be the purpose of someone's life.

The purpose of life is like a closed door...you dont know what lies behind....and you can never foretell absolutely what's behind by jst sitting in front.. u need to walk....push the door open(or may be pull) and find.
To unravel the labrynth.... you have to walk the turf.
And dont worry whatever happens...will be what it was going to be .....for its already been written.
To make choice is easy believe me...To understand it is what takes effort.
And As Morpheus Tell Neo in Matrix " There is a difference in Knowing the path and walking the path".

Nice post.... waiting for next one.

Daneshia said...

really nice posts shetty! will keep coming back..

Umesh (Predi) said...

Shit dude...To be honest...U write too much...Jitna mene padha (That is upar upar se)...It was good...Little confusing for me but good :P

Anyways...One more thing...
Yaar ye reaction me sirf Funny, Interesting and cool kyu hai...Dare u...Add 2 more options..boring and Sad (Kidding :P)